Richland County Council approved the following list of vacancies on Richland County Board and Commissions during its February 15 regular council meeting:
1. Accommodations Tax—Seven vacancies (Two applicants must have a background in the lodging industry, three applicants must have a background in the hospitality industry, one applicant must have a cultural background and one applicant will fill an at-large seat).
2. Airport Commission—Two vacancies (One applicant must reside within one mile of the airport: Rosewood, Shandon, or Hollywood-Rose Wales Garden neighborhoods).
3. Board of Assessment Appeals— Two vacancies
4. Board of Zoning Appeals—Two vacancies
5. Building Codes Board of Appeals—Nine vacancies (One applicant must be from the architecture industry, one from the gas industry, one from the building industry, one from the contracting industry, one applicant must be from the plumbing industry, one applicant must be from the electrical industry, one applicant must be from the engineering industry, and two from fire industry as alternates).
6. Business Service Center—Three vacancies (One applicant must be from the business industry and two applicants must be CPAs).
7. Central Midlands Council of Governments—
8. Community Relations Council— One vacancy
9. Employee Grievance Committee— Two vacancies (Must be a Richland County employee; one seat is an alternate).
10. Hospitality Tax—Three vacancies (One applicant must be from the restaurant industry).
11. Internal Audit Committee—Two vacancies (Applicant with CPA preferred).
12. Lexington Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council (LRADAC)—Two vacancies
13. Music Festival—One vacancy
14. Planning Commission—Three vacancies
15. Richland Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees—Four vacancies
16. Township Auditorium—Two vacancies
17. Transportation Penny Advisory Committee (TPAC)—Five vacancies
Appointments will tentatively begin April 5, 2022, applications can be submitted online (preferred) or by mail or email.
Mail to Attention: Clerk of Council– Rules and Appointment Committee– 2020 Hampton St., Administration Building (Suite 4069), Columbia, S.C. 29204 or P.O. Box 192, Columbia, S.C. 29202.
Email email@example.com Phone: 803-576-2060 Please visit www.richlandcountysc.gov to submit an online application.
Leave a Reply