Five attorneys from McAngus Goudelock & Courie, a regional insurance defense firm, have been selected to the 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.
Three attorneys were selected to the 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers list and two attorneys were selected to the 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
Those selected for the 2015 S. C. Super Lawyers listing include:
• Rusty Goudelock– workers’ compensation
• Tommy Lydon– business litigation
• Hugh McAngus– workers’ compensation
Those selected for the 2015 S. C. Super Lawyers Rising Stars listing include:
• Trippett Boineau– construction litigation
• Jason Pi ttmancivil litigation defense
The law firm of Bluestein Nichols Thompson & Delgado (BNTD)’s partners John Nichols and Al l ison P. Sul l ivan were both recently recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine. Nichols was included in the 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers list and Sullivan was included in the 2015 South Carolina Rising Stars list.
Nichols is appearing on the South Carolina Super Lawyers list for the sixth consecutive time. A founding member of BNTD, his practice areas include litigation support and appeals, business litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and criminal defense. Nichols is a recent recipient of the inaugural G. Dewey Oxner Jr. Mentor of the Year award, was selected for inclusion in the 2015 Best Lawyers® in America, and was named the 2013 Lawyer of the Year by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly. He is past president of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and has held offices in both the South Carolina Bar and South Carolina Association for Justice.
This is the second year Sullivan has been named to the South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. An accomplished young attorney who focuses her practice in personal injury, workers’ compensation, wrongful death, whistleblower litigation, and business litigation, Sullivan was recently selected for inclusion in the 2015 Best Lawyers® in America and has also been recognized by the 2014 and 2015 American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers in South Carolina. Other honors include being named the 2014 South Carolina Bar’s Young Lawyer of the Year. Sullivan is Martindale- Hubbell® AV Preeminent.
McNair Law Firm, P.A. congratulated 11 of its attorneys for being selected by their peers for inclusion in South Carolina Super Lawyers 2015®.
The following attorneys have been recognized for excellence in their practice area:
• Jeffrey T. Allen–tax (Rising Star)
• Michael M. Beal– bankruptcy: business
• Elizabeth M. Crum– health care
• M. Craig Garner, Jr.– health care
• Celeste T. Jones– health care
• Judith L. McInnis– real estate
• Richard J. Morgan– employment & labor
• Benjamin E. Nicholson V– business litigation
• Robin C. Stanton– creditor debtor rights
• Jane W. Trinkley– health care
• Michael H. Weaver– bankruptcy: business (Rising Star)
Five Collins & Lacy attorneys have been selected to the 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers® and South Carolina Rising Stars®list.
Listed are Collins & Lacy’s attorneys selected, as well as information about the practice areas being recognized:
2015 South Carolina Top 25:
• Joel Coll ins-civil litigation defense
2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers
• Andrew Cole, construction litigation
• Pete Dworjanyn, insurance coverage
• Stan Lacy, workers’ compensation.
Twenty-two Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP attorneys based in Columbia have been selected by their peers to the 2015 list of South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
Additionally, partner George Cauthen was among the 10 attorneys in the state to receive the most votes.
The Columbia attorneys listed are:
• Stuart M. Andrews Jr.–healthcare
• George S. Bailey
–estate planning and probate
• A. Mattison Bogan
–appellate (Rising Star)
• C. Mitchell Brown
• George B. Cauthen– bankruptcy: business
• Karen Aldridge Crawford–environmental • David E. Dukes– class action • Carl B. Epps III – business litigation
• Robert W. Foster–Jr., business litigation
• James C. Gray, Jr.–business litigation
• Sue Erwin Harper– employment & labor
• William C. Hubbard– business litigation
• S. Keith Hutto–business litigation
• Francis B.B. Knowlton– creditor/ debtor rights
• John F. Kuppens– personal injury defense: products • Steven A. McKelvey– business litigation • John T. Moore– bankruptcy: business • Edward W. Mullins Jr.–business litigation
• Matthew D. Patterson– business litigation (Rising Star)
• James F. Rogers– personal injury defense: medical malpractice
• R. Bruce Shaw– class action
• Carmen Harper Thomas–banking (Rising Star)