2009-12-25 / Two Hours From Home
Goodwill Plantation, A Living History
Part 9: The Slave Houses
There were originally three rows of slave houses at Goodwill Plantation consisting of ten houses each. One row near the main had a well site in front of the house. Descendents of the slaves freed in 1865 lived in these houses until 1941 when soldiers from Fort Jackson came to the plantation for training in World War II.