2007-10-19 / Front Page
History goes up in flames
The house (l) on the corner of Lee and Queen Street which burned October 11, 2007, was originally a two room school house built in 1906. The building at the northeast corner of Lee and Queen streets that housed the first Shandon School in 1906 burned October 11, 2007. The building, originally a two- room school house, had been converted into a residence decades ago.