Columbia’s Famously Hot New Year schedule
Famously Hot New Year, South Carolina’s largest free New Year’s Eve celebration, announces final plans for the street party of the year in downtown Columbia and the Midlands of South Carolina on December 31, 2014.
Schedule of #FHNY events December 31
• 6:30 p.m.: Gates open
• 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Lefty at the Washout
• 9 – 10 p.m.: MisterWives
• 10:30 – 11:55 p.m.: The O’Jays
• 11:55 p.m. – 12:10 a.m.: Midnight festivities and fireworks
• 12:10 – 12:30 a.m.: The O’Jays finale
• 12:30 p.m.: Beer, wine and champagne sales end
• 1 a.m.: Event ends
In its fourth year, Famously Hot New Year has expanded event happenings and details that will make the celebration an unforgettable experience in the days surrounding the New Year, including:
• The Famously Hot Main Street Crit: This spectator-friendly, successful race is teaming up with FHNY 2015 on December 31, 2014, with a Kids Fun Run at 3 p.m., a 5K at 3:30 p.m., and an Elite 8K (with an $8,000 purse) with professional runners at 4:45 p.m.
• City of Columbia Parks & Recreation’s WOW New Year’s Eve Carnival: Free admission to games and rides for kids of all ages from 5 – 11 p.m. on Dec. 31.
• Comfort Zone: Take a break from dancing in the streets with regional food and drink vendors and plenty of seating at Lady and Main Streets, as well as easy access to Budweiser’s Alert Cab service. (add link to map on website? Event map: http://www.famouslyhotnewyear.com/i mages/eventmap.pdf; overview map: http://www.famouslyhotnewyear.com/i mages/overviewmap2.pdf)
• VIP Crescent Lounge: Guests may opt to purchase tickets to the VIP Crescent Lounge for open bar, catering, indoor amenities, and exclusive parking.
• Famously Hot New Year and The COMET: FHNY is working with The COMET, which will become “The Love Train,” for one night only. Named in honor of The O’Jays hit song, the shuttle service, which has extended its operating hours and will transport Famously Hot New Year attendees, will operate 12 routes and pick up and drop off at park-and-ride lots throughout the Midlands.
For more information, visit FamouslyHotNewYear.com.